Wednesday 27th October 2010
A Commonwealth Games gold medallist, will be taking the plunge in NE Derbyshire this weekend in order to help launch a new-look leisure scheme in the area.
Sarah Price at the Medal Ceremony in Manchester's 2004 Commonwealth Games.
Pic courtesy of the BBC.
Sarah Price - who won four medals in the 2004 Commonwealth Games in Manchester - will be visiting Dronfield Sports Centre, Sharley Park Leisure Centre and Eckington Swimming Pool on Sunday 31st October.
She will be leading swim clinics as part of a free weekend of events across the three sites to launch North East Derbyshire District Council's new-look 'Just do More!' leisure scheme.
Sarah will be visiting the sites as below:
- Sharley Park Leisure Centre - 10am to 12noon
- Eckington Swimming Pool - 1pm to 3pm
- Dronfield Sports Centre - 3.30pm to 5pm
Free activities on offer during the 'Just do More!' Weekender on Saturday 30th and Sunday 31st October events include:
- Aqua discos
- Free family swimming and aqua fun sessions, with inflatables
- Have-a-go sessions including trampolining, squash, badminton and fencing
- Jogging and walking groups
- Indoor model flying spectator sessions
- Fitness classes including aerobics and pilates
- Family gym challenges
- Kids games
- Competitions to win one of three £100 vouchers
- Up to 50 % off gym membership prices
The council has also joined forces with Chesterfield Football Club to stage a new programme of weekly paid-for junior football coaching sessions which are being launched at the event.
For full details of the activities happening at each site, or for more information about 'Just do More!' membership options, visit www.ne-derbyshire.gov.uk/just-do-more or call (01246) 231111.
JUST DO MORE -
Residents in North East Derbyshire are being offered a 50% discount on monthly membership at leisure centres in the area. More...